Last Updated: 05/05/2016
digital camera targets, scanner targets
high quality reference targets for input profiling
It is of utmost importance to use a well designed, well made and accurately defined target for input profiling. Here you'll find info. on the excellent DCCSG for camera profiling and the Hutchcolor target, the HCT for scanners. This is the best available technology; in my opinion both have beep properly optimised for the job in hand.
The Digital ColorChecker® Semi Gloss (SG) is a high quality target especially designed for digital photography. The SG has an extended colour patch series and surrounding uniformity fields to confirm even illumination. The 140 colour patches were carefully selected as representative colour gamut markers, so that the resulting ICC input profile can produce very high quality images.
The SG can also be used for reflective scanner profiling. As a reference standard, the SG target serves both in the creation of ICC profiles, and in the quality control of your images, where the included target can be compared with any original. This convention speeds workflow and ensures that your image editing decisions are based on accurate information.
uses for the DCCSG:
digital photography: Creating a custom ICC profile for your camera*
White point evaluation, proofing and image editing
analogue photography: Analysis of film, light, filters and print process
graphic arts: Analysis of proof and print accuracy
film, video and TV: Evaluation of camera qualities, light and film process
* The Digital ColorChecker SG target is supported by basICColor input profiling software, this software produces custom ICC camera (input) profiles for your specific camera/ lens/ lighting combination/s. Since an accurate colour workflow starts by applying highest quality input profiles, use of this excellent target and software is is an intrinsic part of achieving professional quality results.
- Array of 140 colours: includes the 24 patches from original ColorChecker, 17 step grey scale and 14 unique skin tone colours.
- Each square reflects light the same way as its real-life counterpart in all parts of the visible spectrum, under any illumination, and with any colour reproduction process.
- Create a white balance with your digital camera.
- Pair with quality camera profiling software to create a custom ICC profile of your camera. Recommended: basICColor input profiling software
please get in touch about the colorchecker SG, Neil Barstow will call you back to discuss.
The HutchColor Target (HCT), from Don Hutcheson is a high-precision, individually-measured ICC profiling target for demanding scanner and camera users. With about twice as many patches, a better sampling of dark colours and three times as many grey scale steps as standard IT8.7/1 and IT8.7/2 targets, the HCT can characterise cameras and scanners more accurately, especially in rich colours and dark shadows.
* The HCT is supported by basICColor input profiling software, this software produces custom ICC scanner (input) profiles for your specific device. Since an accurate colour workflow starts by applying highest quality input profiles, use of this excellent target and software is is an intrinsic part of achieving professional quality results.
review from Professional Photographer Magazine
"- - during testing of various scanner targets it became clear that the Hutchcolor Target is worth having. It's expensive compared to the standard IT8 transparency, but for that you're getting a more sophisticated target that's been individually measured. The difference shows, even on relatively modest [scanning] equipment."
review by Michael Walker
Please click here to enquire by email, please provide a little info about your needs and Neil Barstow will call you to talk over your requirements