Last Updated: 13/04/2016
basICColor control software
professional software for the validation of proof and print quality
basICColor control 5 is a module of basICColor catch 5 that enables the quality control for any color critical applications - be it the review of Proof Print, the constancy of a digital production system or the quality of a FineArt print.
Validation of printed proofs to ISO standards is critical in today's market - the accuracy of any contract proof will ideally be validated by reading off an included ugra / fogra Media Wedge CMYK, this wedge has known reference values and tolerances are defined. basICColor control software allows evaluation, using a range of instruments, of of a range of targets including: ugra / fogra Media Wedge v2 & 3, IFRA Cuboid, even a complete ECI 2002 target CMYK and many others. basICColor control automatically generates a report on screen after measurement, options include saving a PDF report and printing a validation label which can be attached to each proof.
Simply, basICColor control improves your quality control process.
basICColor control supports a variety of process control targets, press standards, and measurement devices. The options are already included within the package, you can start immediately with your choice of ugra / fogra Media Wedge, IFRA Cuboid, or ECI 2002 target.
basICColor control is a stand-alone solution. Proofs from any source can be evaluated (provided that they include supported target patches). Thus you can check proof prints, whether they were produced in-house, or by a service provider.
Users can measure and validate a proof against the fogra standard (or other preferred standard), then produce a report in either PDF or DYMO label format
- Quality control module for basICColor catch
- Supports all common print and control targets / wedges
- Supports all common measurement devices
- Includes fogra reference data for CMYK Media Wedge
- Allows implementation of measurement values (i.e. ISO characteristic data) or ICC profile as a reference data set
- Quick validation with a simple pass / fail indication
- 3D colourspace / gamut mapping with all measurement values and reference data
- Detailed evaluation protocols
- Optional printouts with a DYMO Label printer
- Simple workflow with predefined jobs (XML scripts)
- basICColor catch/control not only exports measurement values to basICColor MatchPatch software but also determines accepted tolerances, so that Match Patch automatically optimises the colours which are found to be deviating from the reference.
- label printing on optionalllabel printer